Last Updated April 2018
Commitment to protection of Privacy
- At HRythm we’re committed to protecting your privacy.
Policy change and acceptance
- Any changes to the policy will become effective upon posting revisions or updated here.
- Your continuous usage of the services will mean that you accept those changes.
- Read this document carefully as it affects your rights and liabilities under law.
- If you disagree with any method we collect information, either on the app or the web admin panel, please do not use the app or admin panel or value-added services.
Scope of this PolicyScope of this Policy
- Policy applies to the mobile app, web admin panel and our value-added services.
- The mobile app content might contain link to websites over which we don’t have control on.
- HRythm is not responsible for privacy policies or practices of the websites you access from our app or our service links.
- We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of other websites you visit.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Information You Provide to us:
- When you setup an account with us, we may ask you information about you that can be used to contact or identify you in our system.
- Information includes, but is not limited to, Company Name, Admin Name, Admin Email address, Business address Business phone.
- We may use company / admin information to contact you regarding changes or updates to our services, system maintenance, outage issues, billing issues or otherwise to troubleshoot problems.
- In addition, when you use the app, the analytics automatically record certain information when you visit a section. This may include information such as pages visited, time spent, user behavior, online time, IP address, account type, number of clicks, date and time of your request.
- Content and information submitted by users to the Services is referred to in this policy as “Customer Data.” As further explained below, Customer Data is controlled by the organization or other third party that created the workspace (the “Customer”). Where HRythm collects or processes Customer Data, it does so on behalf of the Customer.
- If you are using the Services by invitation of a Customer, whether that Customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual, that Customer determines its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Customer Data which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with the Customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
- Account creation information
Users may provide information such as an email address, phone number, and password to create an account.
- Workspace setup information
When a Customer creates an account using the Services, we may collect an email address, a workspace name, workspace photo, company size, user name for the individual setting up the workspace, and password. We may also collect administrative team contact info, such as a mailing address.
- Billing and other information
For Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services, our corporate affiliates and our third-party payment processors may collect and store billing address and credit card information on our behalf or we may do this ourselves.
- Services usage information
This is information about how you are accessing and using the Services, which may include administrative and support communications with us and information about the workspaces, channels, people, features, content, and links you interact with, and what third party integrations you use (if any).
- Contact information
With your permission, any contact information you choose to import is collected (such as an address book from a device) when using the Services.
- Log data
When you use the Services our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website, or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information
We may collect information about the device you are using the Services on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings.
- Geo-location information
Your geographical location is collected when a user creates a new account. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Third party data
HRythm may also receive information from affiliates in our corporate group, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information, such as which IP addresses go with which zip codes, or it might be more specific information, such as about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- If we are requested to disclose any user information to a government agency or official, we will do so if we believe in good faith, after considering your privacy interests and other relevant factors.
- Such disclosure will: (a) Comply with legal requirements or a legal or judicial process with which we are involved, (b) protect our rights or property or the rights or property of our affiliated companies, (c) prevent crime or protect national security, (d) protect personal safety of service users or public.
- HRythm is a company incorporated in India, information collected is stored whole or by part in India, your information may be subjected to Indian law system.
- We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires any or all of HRythm’s business divisions, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets or equity interests.
- In addition, in the event that we become the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we or our liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the bankruptcy court.
- You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on our website. Potential purchasers and their advisors may have access to data as part of the sale process.
Other than these reasons, HRythm will not otherwise provide non-aggregated personal information to any third party.
How we use your Information
- Customer Data
HRythm may access and use Customer Data as reasonably necessary and in accordance with Customer’s instructions to (a) provide, maintain and improve the Services; (b) to prevent or address service, security, technical issues or at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters; (c) as required by law (d) as set forth in our agreement with the Customer or as expressly permitted in writing by the Customer.
- Other Information
We use other kinds of information in providing the Services. Specifically:
- To understand and improve our Services
We carry out research and analyze trends to better understand how users are using the Services and improve them.
- To communicate with you by:
- Responding to your requests
If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending emails and HRythm messages
We may send you Service and administrative emails and messages. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features or other news about HRythm. You can opt out of these at any time.
- Responding to your requests
- To understand and improve our Services
- Billing and account management>
We use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- Communicating with you and marketing
We often need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons. We may also use your contact information for our own marketing or advertising purposes. You can opt out of these at any time.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening
We work hard to keep the Services secure and to prevent abuse.
Protecting your information
Steps We Take to Keep Your Information Secure
Risks Inherent in Sharing Information
- Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy or security measures of HRythm.
- You can mitigate these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password for admin panel.
- Following common guidelines in the Acceptable User Policy.
Phishing or False Emails
- If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us or one of our clients or users that requests Personal Information (including, for example, your user name or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other Personal Information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a “phisher” or “spoofer.” We do not ask for this type of information via email. Do not provide the information or click on the link.
- Please contact your company admin or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you receive an email like this.
If you have concerns about your privacy in connection with your use of the Services or any general questions related thereto, please tell us by emailing us at email@example.com. We will attempt to address your concerns.